Stay. Flex. Focus.
Available at Ventura, Buena and Foothill Technology High Schools and all Middle Schools
- STAY - continue to be enrolled in the course(s) that you’re having success in
- FLEX - switch to online Independent Study for your other courses
- FOCUS - Take one to two online course at a time
Important Components of the Program
- Online courses are through Edgenuity
- Credit recovery is an option
- Work directly with one teacher for all Independent Study courses
Question: “Will a student going on this program remain enrolled at their current site regardless of whether or not they remain in any on-campus brick-and-mortar classes?”
Question: “Can a student in this program play sports?”
Answer: Yes! So long as the student has a minimum GPA of 2.0 from the last quarter, they are CIF eligible.
Question: “Can students who have already left VUSD return for this program?”
Question: “Will those students who have already left VUSD and want to return to this program need to go through a lengthy placement process?
Answer: No - simply bring in a current transcript from your current school.
How to Enroll in this Program
- Schedule an in-person meeting with your counselor and your parent/guardian ASAP
- Complete and sign a VUSD Independent Study Master Agreement with your counselor
- Meet with your assigned Independent Study Mentor Teacher and complete a Communication Contract
- Start working on your independent study course(s) from home
- If you are remain enrolled in any on-campus course(s), continue to attend.
If you are currently not enrolled in VUSD and want to enroll in FLEX, contact your boundary High School first and speak with a counselor there.