Interdistrict transfers are required when either a student who lives outside of the boundaries of Ventura Unified School District wants to attend a VUSD school or when a student who resides in the VUSD boundaries wishes to attend school in another district. In either case, both school districts must approve the transfer.
Ventura County Office of Education - Interdistrict Transfer Agreement
Application in: » ENGLISH, » SPANISH
Incoming transfers for the school year 2022-2023 will be accepted beginning February 1, 2022.
with your home district's Release-signature and all required documentation attached.
Interdistrict transfers for grades 6-12 will be processed first. Elementary grade transfers will be reviewed in March.
For Transfers within Ventura County:
The district of residency intends to release a student from their attendance area for five (5) school years.
Ventura County school districts understand and agree that a pupil who is granted an interdistrict transfer to another district shall be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Interdistrict Transfer Agreement and may have the transfer revoked during the school year, or non-renewed, for the following school year, based on any of the reasons set forth below. Revocations of an interdistrict transfer by the district of attendance may not be appealed to the County Board of Education.
- Student is excessively tardy or absent from school, or student is brought to school excessively early or picked up excessively late.
- Student fails to uphold appropriate behavior standards.
- Student fails to make appropriate academic efforts.
- False or misleading information was provided on the Interdistrict Transfer Agreement and/or accompanying documentation.
- Other conditions that occur that would render continuance inadviseable.
- Students entering grades 11 and 12 shall not have their permits rescinded by either district.
- Approval is subject to space availability in the district and may not be at the site requested.
- No financial obligation shall be incurred by the district of residence for services rendered under this agreement.
- The parent/guardian is responsible for providing transportation to and from school.