Curricular Theme for 2021-2022
An In-depth Study of the Chumash Peoples
1. Indigenous Peoples Day Gathering (October 16, 2021 from 9am-12:30pm) School Year Kick-Off at the Chumash Indian Museum
2. Identity and Community of the Chumash - Who are you? How can you nurture your true self?
3. Environment and the Chumash - How can we be in right relations with our environment?
4. Chumash Culture - What are the roots of our culture and how are we growing it?
5. Chumash (De)colonization - How do we decolonize our schools and communities?
6. Chumash Storytelling - How can we sustain community through language and stories across generations?
7. Honoring Ceremony Gathering (May 27, 2022 6:30pm)