× Search

Alternative Placement

 Alternative Schools


El Camino High at Ventura College  Highly individualized instruction on the Ventura Community College campus
Pacific Continuation High School (9-12) Student centered alternative high school
Adult Education High School Diploma Program High School Diploma, Technical High School Diploma and GED
Middle School Opportunity (6-8) Alternative placement program for middle school students on the Foothill Technology High School campus
Homestead School (K-8) An alternative to regular classroom instruction on the Blanche Reynolds Elementary School campus


How can a student get into an alternative program?

High school students are discussed and/or placed into alternative programs by the Alternative Placement Committee (APC) on a weekly basis.  Referrals to the APC are made through the onsite school counselor, school administrator, or through Student Support Services.  (The APC meets monthly to discuss and/or place middle school students.)

How can a student be enrolled in Homestead, Grs. K-8?

Students seeking entrance into Homestead School do not go through the APC.  To enroll, submit a transfer request to the Student Support Services department.  Please refer to Choosing Your Child's School for the correct transfer form.

Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2024 by Ventura Unified School District
Back To Top